MCE was installed to Kibo's Exposed Facility
Last Updated: August 9, 2012
MCE installed to the Exposed Facility (Credit:JAXA/NASA)
At 8:01 p.m. on August 9, the Japanese Multi-mission Consolidated Equipment (MCE) was installed to port #8 of Kibo's Exposed Facility (EF) by the Kibo's robotic arm, Japanese Experiment Module Remote Manipulator System (JEMRMS).
Multi-mission Consolidated Equipment (MCE)
MCE is loaded with multi hardwares for five different missions as listed below.
- IMAP (Ionosphere,Mesosphere,upper Atomosphere, and Plasmasphere mapping)
- GLIMS (Global Lightning and Sprite Measurement Mission)
- SIMPLE (Space Inflatable Membranes Pioneering Long-term Experiments)
- REXJ (Robot Experiment on JEM)
- COTS HDTV-EF (Assessment of a commercial-off-the-shelf, high definition television camera under exposed environment)
*All times are Japan Standard Time (JST)